Friday, January 20, 2012

A New Story for the New Year! Audio or text versions- or both!

Hello to all my Nexus, youtube and net buddies! Happy New Year to the lot of ya. For your perusal and enjoyment, I'm linking my new audio-story. I'm also posting the story underneath, so you can follow along with the text as I read if you so desire. Or you can just sit back, close your eyes and get lost in the story.

I got some audio equipment goodies for Christmas I wanted to try them out, plus I was just in the mood to read. Gotta get my chops flexed in case we actually do get a Skyrim CK and get to mod, lol!

I hope you enjoy the story. You can read/listen to it here or listen/watch over on youtube. There is a small slideshow that goes with.

The story is not what you think, so I hope you like surprises.  But then again, I do pull a rabbit out of my hat now and again, don't I? :o)



Shield
by TD MAC
1-8-2012: 1235
(inspired by dreams dreamt meaningfully in the still of night, but not remembered clearly by the light of day)




The coffee shop was small, intimate.
Too many patrons would have been distracting, intrusive, like some creepy sneak listening to a conversation of whispers from behind the shadows cast by a bedroom door. 
On the other hand, too few patrons would have bred awkwardness, suggesting nakedness with the inability to cover up their vulnerability.  After all, their relationship, though familiar, was delicate. Always hanging precariously in the balance somewhere….between.

Regardless, they walked past the aromatic shop until they found a park bench overlooking the river.  It was a beautiful night for sitting in the dark. As they sat looking at the rows of light winking across the river, he traced his name on the palm of her hand with his index finger.
 She drew her hand away suddenly and blurted out- “I’m not sure if you know what it is you really want…” she looked at him with eyes so honest, so pure, that he almost felt dirty.
“You know I would never hurt you.”  He didn’t know how to convey his desire to protect her any other way. It was simple. It WAS pure, just like her.
“I am a Big responsibility!” she cried, both vocally and with crystalline tears that meandered slowly down her cheeks to meet gracefully under her quivering chin.
“I know that,” he said tenderly. The last thing he wanted was for her to feel frightened or apprehensive.
“I’ve never felt this way about ANYone. I’ve never met someone I feel this comfortable with, even though we’re so….so…”
“Different?” he finished the sentence for her. Her gaze falling into her lap let him know he’d hit the nail on the head.
“Have you thought about all the ways we’re alike?” he asked. “We can almost finish each other’s sentences. I’ve never met anyone like THAT. No one ever listened to me that close, or knew me well enough to be able to.
You seem to know me better than I know myself sometimes.” He smiled.
She rolled her eyes and despite her nerves, managed a smile back. It was hard not to. He affected her that way, even when she didn’t want him to.

“If we do this, you’ll have my body as well as my heart. My heart is very precious to me. I don’t want it broken, ignored, stepped on. Diminished. I’ve worked very hard to protect the pieces of it I have left.”
She had begun to cry again. Not the weak sobby kind of crying fake babes did. He was moved deep inside, where he thought he had died, watching her cry like that; the kind of crying strong heroines in old black and white films did. Their faces straight, only the tears falling from their eyes moving in crooked lines.
“I’m afraid of you too,” he said quietly, “but we’ll never know if we don’t at least try.”
“Will you be my shield?” she asked with a sincerity that dared him to lie. “Even if your feelings for me change, or you meet somebody that catches your eye, will you protect me still? Will you guard from harm all that you have created?”
He opened his mouth to speak, but she quickly put two fingers to his lips lightly to shush him.
“Let me finish, this is important.  I’m not asking for a lifelong commitment, I just want to know that you will always respect me, and hold a little place in your heart for me, even after we’re just a memory to each other.”

“I can’t predict the future, sweet one,” he paused to take her hands in his.  He knew she felt as though the eyes were the windows to the soul. That’s why she wore sunglasses, even in the dark sometimes. To protect her spirit, to remain anonymous when she felt danger near.
He released one of her hands only so that he could turn her face toward his; he wanted to make sure she could see into his soul, could see he meant what he was about to say.
“What I can promise, is that you’ll always be special to me. Whether I’m right beside you, or far across the vast expanse of the sea, you dear woman, will always be a part of me…of who I have become, and who I am to be.”

“You are a Queen,” he said looking straight into her eyes, his gaze never breaking with hers.
“You are a Warrior,” she said, gently using her free hand to swirl a lock of his dark hair back into place.
With that, she turned her head as far as it would go to the left, as if she were looking for something very far away, over her shoulder. She’d read somewhere that it was good luck to turn your face that way. Oddly, now that the time had come, she wasn’t calm, but she didn’t feel scared out of her mind either.
“He’ll be my shield…”
He ran his fingers up and down the goose pimpled flesh of her arms. She shivered, even though it was warm.
When his sharp incisors pierced the sensitive flesh of her neck, she felt no pain, only indescribable pleasure. As he drank the nectar from her veins, his body moved to cover hers. He was now, and forever more would be…..her shield.
Fin...

Mistral Wind breezing through until next time....
Story created, owned, read and copyrighted by TDM aka Netwit2008. All rights reserved. Copyright 1-2012

2 comments:

  1. I was held captive. Each step toward understanding the story kept me focusing on it. What can this be leading to? lol A surprise ending? And it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it was a surprise :o) Also glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete